Monday, February 8, 2016

Egg Biriyani - My version

After coming to Dublin my cooking has improved a lot. The main reason being there is no much variety of food outside. Restaurant foods are very expensive and after eating once or twice we feel bored. Hence we started trying many things at home , reading the recipe from net. 

One thing I realized that if we follow the recipe from the internet wihtout any deviations, the food will taste good. If we try to improvise something by adding extra items, or  not adding any items it will not be as good as it was intended to. 



I dont remember the website from which i got this recipe. Hence will write it down. Biriyani Rice was prepared in advance.

Heat oil and add onion and allow it to soften.
Add the spices - cardamon, cloves, bay leaf,etc
Add ginger garlic paste and mix it well until the raw smell goes off.
Add the vegetables and mix well. I cooked the vegetables before.
Add biriyani powder and salt, And curd.
Mix rice

For making Egg version, I made egg burji in another bowl and then added it at the last. We can add boiled egg also.

Curd was the main ingredient. I didn't know that until recently that curd could be added. It changed the taste wholly.





No comments:

Post a Comment