Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Aalo Bonda

I got really inspired by the following food blogs :) 

If people like these maintain blogs like this, who not will be interested in browsing and trying out different differen things ..My god, I appreciate the patience of Shilpa and Maria and the n number of others who maintain food blogs .. How they take the pics and write in detail about the preparation ..Some even post photos of each and every step ..

I am somehow not of that type ..I want to finsih cooking fast .. Tick tick tick .. I want things to be done ..because i feel I am wasting too much of my time in kitchen , while I would be doing some productive things outside ..

But for the past few days, (as I was on leave and didnt had much work to do) I spend so much of time in the kitchen.. So this idea of food blog was in my mind .. I tried out diffrerent recipes ..But no, didnt had the patience to take photos, upload it and write it ..

Today somehow got enough time, so prepared Aalo Bhonda .. And thank god, was able to take a snap ..So here goes my first food post .. 

Aalo Bonda 
Oh ..I should write the recipe also ..See now I am becoming a little lazy .. mm .. But a blog wont be complete without that .. I will write short 

Boil Potato..  and take off the skin ..
Cut onion in to small pieces
Cut Ginger and Chilli in to small pieces
In a frying pan, Pour some oil and splutter mustard seeds
Put cut onions and let it fry till brown.
Add the ginger and chilli pieces and fry it till that good smell comes :) .. You are getting the smell .. haa ..good :)

Add salt to taste ..
Now smash the potatoes and add that too ..   Mix well and keep aside ..

It will look like this 


Now take some Besan powder, add some chilli powder, little salt, and Hing powder and mix it well with water .. Let the thickness remain

Another frying pan, boil oil for frying this..

Make small balls of the above potato mix,  Dip it in the besan syrup and put it in the oil and fry well .. Aalo bonda  ready .. Mine looked like this ..  (photo not good .. i took it in a haste, as my kids were waitng to grab it and run  ) 



How is it ??  Tasty ?? 

Serve it hot and eat it hot .. Goes well with some spicy mango pickle ..Try it out and let me know how it was ..  :)

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic Suuuuu .. but with you always used to eat in restaurants only ....So now in cooking field ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes yes .. Now a days, everything is being prepared at home .. with love and affection... Do come home someday, you can taste some :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Su .. Cocunut oil was used ?

    ReplyDelete