Thursday, August 4, 2011

Butter Milk - Easy-to-make version


Tripunithura Poornathrayeesa temple is very near to my house .. The main attraction during the festival is the Sheeveli which is a procession of elepants with Gods Idol 


During this procession in the morning hours, Butter milk supplied to all the devotees in front of the temple .. We used to go to temple only to drink that. Never used to stop with one glass of water ..  Oh ..So tasty it is .. Even though it will be full of water, it used to be soo tasty ..



 
And once in Palghat, near to my aunt's house , i had tasted butter milk from a maami's house. She prepared Butter milk for me .. I saw her preparing it .. With fresh chilli and curry leaves and all, and mixing it in the normal "ara kallu" , and making butter milk .. Oh ..that was the next tastiest one which I had tasted in my whole life ..

Now , I prepare it at home .. My version .. As i had told earlier, I want everythign to be done fast ..So this is a easy-to-make version of Butter milk

Ingredients
Curd - 1 glass
Green Chilli - 2 nos
Ginger - One small piece
Curry leaves - 1 strand
Lemon - 1


Recipe
Take curd in a deep bottom bowl, add the chilli, ginger and simply mix it with a blender. Why I am suggesting blender is because the blender will chop the chillis and ginger and will bring in the taste. Add some water and curry leaves. Pour the lemon juice to this.

Salt can be added as per your taste.

(If you dont have blender, grind the Chillis and Ginger in a mixer and filter the juice and pour it in the buttermilk)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hey Su
    I tried this.. sambaram. Eluppam undaakavunnathu :)

    ReplyDelete